Connecting my Motorola Razor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Hey, I just got my MacBook Pro like...a week ago, I love it and im figuring out new sweet crap all the time but I was wondering if there is anyway to connect my bluetooth cellphone so that I can send text messages or even make calls? cause that would just be badass. :Evil:

I hope I posted this in the right forum, im new to the site as well, but it seemed logical.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your MBP!!!!

To connect to your phone you'll need to Set it up with your MBP.
System Prefs>>> Bluetooth>>> Devices Tab >> Set Up New Device.
(Make sure you have your Razor's Bluetooth turned on and set to discoverable.

You'll need to also pair the MBP with the Razor from the Razor.

You can then send a file (.doc, .pdf, .mp3, etc) to the phone by selecting the file then pressing Shift+Cmd+B... A pop-up will appear, you select your phone, then click Send File.

To send text messages from the Mac, I use email... For Sprint Customers you would send an email to [email protected] (obviously you would replace the numbers with the 10 digit phone number you want to text)

Enjoy!

OP
chanlon7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I found out that for Verizon its your 10-digit [email protected]
Is there anyway to configure your Mac-Mail to recieve text messages? and then you could reply back from your computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
If the recipient replies to your email (text to them) it will come through Mail as an email.

When composing a new Text from a phone, you can type in an email address and it will send it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
OP
chanlon7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
but I wonder if there is a way to get all your texts send directly to your inbox without having the person reply to something you sent from your e-mail? like adding the vtext.com/vzwpix.com as account to mac mail as POP perhaps?

The reason I care so much is because my phone hasn't been working great lately, and it would be nice to have txts come in through mac mail. Plus its easier to type.. haha... even though the point of texting is to talk to your friends while your in class or doing something when you can't talk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.