Got me a Power Mac G5, want fresh start.

Reaction score
Hey guys n gals;

just got me a Power Mac G5. I want a fresh start but it didn't come with the tiger install CD's. I called apple care and they sent me 1 disc titled: Power Mac G5 Mac OSX Install Disc 1. Should I reboot with this CD, or should I use disk utilities to erase Hard Drive? Is there supposed to be a Disc 2?

I also have a single Mac OSX Leopard INstall DVD, but when I installed it and upgraded, everything stayed the same in the hard drive. My main goal is to erase everything in Hard drive, start fresh, and upgrade to Leopard.

Any suggestions? :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Pop in the Leopard DVD assuming it is the full retail version, reboot and hold down 'C" after chimes or click on the restart button on the window frame. After the welcome and checking disk, before installing go to Utilities in the menu bar,m select Disk Utility and run Repair Disk. Then go to erase, and format as Mac OS Extended (Journalled).

Then continue with the Leopard install.

Keep us posted how you're going hey?

OP
R
Reaction score
And Yes; it is a Full Retail Version. Big Black X on it and very colorful. Ohh...Ahh.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.