Repair Disk Permissions issue HELP!!

Reaction score
Have just got a new MBP running Leopard,

After installing a number of applications I then tried to "repair the disc permissions" in Disc Utility, it started to do so with the progress bar growing, however it stopped about 1/4 of the way through and didn't progress any further. I stopped it and tried again, when I did it immediatley resumed to 1/4 way through but still doesn't progress any further - any ideas on what the issue may be or how I can get it to complete the task?

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
Have your tried restarting and using the Disk Utilities on the Leopard Disk? Also have you upgraded to the latest version of Leopard 10.5.2 I believe?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
In Leopard this takes a long time . This is Normal in Leopard (Well it is on the 3 macs I have running Leopard in this house) . It took me by surprise the first time as this didn't happen in Tiger.... Just do as follows

When the progress bar stops just let it alone for about 5-6 mins it will then burst into activity and finish the job .... Bobs your uncle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The bar will seem as if it is broken and state 1 minute remaining. Start Repair Permissions and go and make coffee. Takes about twenty minutes as this is a much more intensive program that earlier OS X versions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.