Can I put external speakers on a eMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
I want to put some «real» speakers on my eMac. Nothing very powerful, but I know that there is only a connection for headphone. Can I put something like that : (https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca) or I'll have to check for something specific?
B.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
thats more than he wanted to spend for "speakers". i'll tell you right now that you will not regret putting down a little more for some quality speakers, its amazing how much a little bit more money can make such a huge difference.

OP
bellastrada
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
Thanks for all your advices! Now i know that I'll probably have to buy a USB device...
By the way I call those «real» speakers, not because there are good or powerfull! I call them «real» just because there's only two mini speakers on a eMac. :D

Thanks you all!

T

Tel

I'd stick with 2.1 for a few reasons:

1. No need for a USB device = more money to spend on better speakers
2. 2.1 speakers are generally cheaper than 5.1 so you will be able to get better quality for a better price
3. You'll only need 5.1 for a home entertainment system that you'll want to watch a lot of movies on, if this is the case then the eMac doesn't really have the screen for that kind of thing anyway.

Trust me, go for quality over quantity, after all, isnt that why you're with Mac in the first place?

Have a look at Harman/Kardon Soundsticks II, I'm still totally impressed by these speakers and love them to bits, if they're a little too expensive, go for the JBL Creatures if you can, a little less power and not quite up to the standard of the soundsticks but for their price they are very good quality speakers. You'll do good to find speakers of the same or better quality for the same price.

Reaction score
I love my Klipsch's. They're a great brand.

If your into huge bass, get these.

Apple Store Online

I have them. They're terrific; As a DJ, I am a huge speaker person. I love them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
links broke...

OP
bellastrada
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hum another question about speakers on eMac .... if I buy a 5.1 speakers set and a usb adapter will it work? Do the sound card of my eMAc will be ok for that?.....

T

Tel

The external adapter should be recognised as a different sound device and that would obviously be compatible so you'll have no problems there. Let us know why you get! (or plan to get)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.