iPhoto Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
Hey Guys, I need some quick tips for iPhoto for creating a book.

I have to make a book for my Economics class and I wanted one that would look very clean, professional and different looking than regular binding at Kinko's.

The problem I'm having is I thought it would be like making a page in iWeb, instead there are actual limitations on where you can put text. I know the whole book thing is for creating a photo book. But I would like to add large paragraphs of text.

Am I just too tired and can't find any of this, or can I not do this?

(I'm working on iLife 08' and this paper is book is due at 8:30 am Wednesday morning).

If all else fails, I guess I can throw it into indesign and take it up to Kinko's. Ugh. And pay a load for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33 MBP, 3gb ram, not enough disk space, iPod Classic, iPhone, techno-addiction
Save your paragraphs of text (in any application including iWeb) as PDFs and add them to iPhoto. You can then add them to your book as images and place them where they will look the most appropriate.

Or, you can screen capture the paragraphs which will turn them into png images (by default it's png anyways), and then add your screen captures into iPhoto. Screen capture a selected block: Command+Shift+4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Were you going to order a book? I made one once and it took weeks to get it. And it wasn't cheap either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.