Advice for a wireless router

Reaction score
Im in a crossroad with this issue and I would like to have a better knowledge about it. I have a MacBook Pro 7.1 with 8Gb ram and an external 2Tb HD connected to the MCP firewire 800 and two printers. I would like to have the possibility to connect my HD and the printers (at list one of them) to a wireless router USB and also the option to connect through the internet to my HD when Im out of my office. I found Netgear N600 wrt3700 a nice option and also Airport Extreme, but I dont know, first if the Netgear router can connect a HD with the Mac file system HFS journaled and by the other side if Airport Extreme have facilities for an external connection through internet or something like this. Im sorry for my large question and hope for some help.
Thanks
Josef
:)

OP
J
Reaction score
All is doable with the AEBS most use mobile me for away from home access there are
probably others but this is what I have used. http://images.apple.com/mobileme/docs/L358808A_BackMac_UG_20090401.pdf

Well, as you better know MobilMe will not be available any more at the end of June, 2011 so we will need an other solution. The next will be ICloud that would be built in, probably, in Lion OSx but who knows whats more surprise has Apple for us?
Thanks any way
;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
June 2012 and iCloud is supposed to take over some of the duties.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.