song not playing through or skipping.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" 2.5Ghz Quad Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
I have a Ipod Classic (120gb) and i have about 3 songs out of 1200 that either skip through the whole song or in the middle of the song they stop playing and skip to the next song.
ive already checked the settings of the song to make sure that the "start time" and the "end time" were set as they are supposed to, and they are. so im not sure what it is. Another thing is, the songs play fine on my computer, just not on my ipod.
has anyone had this problem before?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook
I have a Ipod Classic (120gb) and i have about 3 songs out of 1200 that either skip through the whole song or in the middle of the song they stop playing and skip to the next song.
ive already checked the settings of the song to make sure that the "start time" and the "end time" were set as they are supposed to, and they are. so im not sure what it is. Another thing is, the songs play fine on my computer, just not on my ipod.
has anyone had this problem before?

I am also currently having that problem as well as one of my buttons not working. I am bringing it to the apple store tonight so someone can look at it for me. I'll let you know how it goes. Also, what program are you using to download your songs? If you are not using itunes and are using a program like limewire, some of the songs might be corrupted.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" 2.5Ghz Quad Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
yea that was one of my first thoughts is that the file was corrupted, i do download from limwire.
Im going to just delete the song and download it again, see if that works.

Reaction score
Ipod and skipping..

I as well have an ipod nano 8gig.. andd i downlaoded two songs from limewire and stuck them on there. They both skip right in the middle.. and taking it off, and downlaoding the song DOES NOT WORK. i have done this numerous of times. Plays fine on the computer.. plays fine on my itunes. when it comes to my ipod it skips! i dont understand..

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It could very well be the song seeing as how you got it from an illegitimate source. Try getting the song through legitimate (ie. legal) means (as you should be doing anyway).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I have found that sometimes, songs encoded with some software does just skip to the end

(the LAME library used by some software did this to some internet radio I recorded as AIF and converted to MP3)

try re-encoding the song using iTunes and see if the skipping disappears

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.