jpg images on jump drive corrupt

P

piedmont

i cannot seem to open several jpeg images on my samsung jumpdrive,
I copied the items from a g3..they worked for a while now when i click them they come up cannot be read or corrupt...how can i get them to open...help please
appreciate it

OP
S

sursuciofla

Yeah if you are going from a mac to a pc then there are two files that are made, a (.)file and another file thast is the same but with no dot in front of it..

OP
P

piedmont

using macbook os x
came from version 9.2.1 g3 tower

any ideas...how to get them open ?

Reaction score
select one and press command+I and have a look at the application thats selected to open the image.

It should either be Preview or iPhoto or maybe another image program you have installed.

Also have a look at what it says after 'Kind' in the Get Info window.

From where exactly on the G3 (PhotoShop etc) did you export the images before putting them on the usb drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
If they worked for a while, as the original poster said in the original post, then they were OK when they came across. So, something has happened since then.

Presumably they are still on the jump drive from how the post reads. Could that drive be failing? It would be the simplest and most direct cause.

Do you still have access to the originals? Can you just copy them again? Alternately, can you copy them off of the jump drive and onto your Mac successfully? Can you open them there?

OP
P

piedmont

jump drive update

ive done a check info on a particular file
the files came from regular folder where they were jpegs

kind : it's a jpeg 323 kb
Open with : it says preview

tried dragging jpeg image to desktop on macbook laptop...it will not open...corrupt or format that preview doesn't recognize

really appreciate any help or software that anyone has used in this same situation to help me cover these images

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.