Macburn vs. Toast

K

ksun

Obviously since macburn is only about $30 it will have fewer features than Roxio Toast. I just want to be able to burn iso's and do windows type cd-roms and dvd's.

Will macburn be good enough, or is toast the way to go? What are the main differences? What are other alternatives?

Thanks.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
ksun said:
Obviously since macburn is only about $30 it will have fewer features than Roxio Toast. I just want to be able to burn iso's and do windows type cd-roms and dvd's.

Will macburn be good enough, or is toast the way to go? What are the main differences? What are other alternatives?

Thanks.

iso's and dvd images are like audio CDs in that they are cross platform, it is only data CDs and DVDs that are different. I use Toast and haven't had any problems so far.

Amen-Moses

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have both MacBurn and Toast. Toast like you said will do more but macBurn is a very good program for basic burning needs like backups, ISO's, ETC and will do everything you said you needed to do at a very low price. I showed it to a friend and they bought it also. Very solid program for it's low price. It will also do DVD DATA discs, just not VIDEO DVD's. I am VERY happy with it for any basic burning need. My Toast came with my top of the line LaCie burner.

OP
K

ksun

dtravis7 said:
I have both MacBurn and Toast. Toast like you said will do more but macBurn is a very good program for basic burning needs like backups, ISO's, ETC and will do everything you said you needed to do at a very low price. I showed it to a friend and they bought it also. Very solid program for it's low price. It will also do DVD DATA discs, just not VIDEO DVD's. I am VERY happy with it for any basic burning need. My Toast came with my top of the line LaCie burner.

Thanks, that's just the input I was looking for. If I do any video burning, it will only be iDVD stuff, so I think I'm set there. I'm just not into that "DVD backup" stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.