please help

S

stereomate

I have an i mac that i purchased used from a pawn shop i need to figure out how to boot the system from a zip disk that contains the os. is there anyway to do this i think that the cdrom drive is in operatable. can anyone help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
What kind of imac is it?

eem... does the mac work started up from its HD? if it does... and its OS9, go to the apple in the top and go to control panel and select start up disk.. and select the zip drive disk if thats possible.

or in OSX go to the blue apple in the top corner and select system preferences, click on start up disk and select the zip disk if u can.

Else if those don't work.. start up and hold down command... that should give u a list of disks you can start up from..

I think I need more info about the iMac to make a good diagnosis :)

OP
S

stereomate

I can't even get the computer to respond after i boot it. it automatically shows an old style mac w/ a face in it no mouse arrow or anthing else on the desktop. as far as system information goes i'm really not sure what os is on the system i'm not sure if it prevoiusly booted from the hard drive and i don't even know where to find the model #

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm... if you have a CD that comes with the mac, you could put it in and press C or.. find a friend with a Boot Cd and put it in your mac..

OP
S

stereomate

[all I Have Is A Zipdisk Labed Os I Think The Operating System Is On It But I Don't Know I Really Do Think That The Cd Rom Drive Is Inoperatable If So Do You Have Any Recommendations On Booting From The Zip Drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eh, I didn't even know it was possible, but try it. Start it up, or press C when you start it.. I dunno.. maybe command will work.. who knows. Maybe someone else has done this. Im just speculating.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.