• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I think it was genius to make the final movie into two parts... the new trailer looks awesome, Im such a Harry potter fan.. I recently went to Universal orlando and experienced the new Harry Potter Attractions, it was incredible, from the shops on the street to Hogwarts and the ride OMG... i went into Olivanders wand shop, when you hold a wand a large light opens overhead with magical sound like if the wand is picking you lol... around the park there are wanted posters of Sirius Black just like the movie with his crazy image live in the pic box... while in Hogwarts waiting for the ride the paintings all talk to you, in one part a hologram image of Dumbledorf comes out welcoming you to Hogwarts, you also walk under the sorting hat lol... it was really done well applause to Universal for doing a GREAT JOB!!! this is the first time I felt i was part of a world of a movie and books I love so much...

Check out the Trailer:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Movie Trailers - iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |
I can't wait for it either. It is nice that it's in 2 parts, but going to suck to wait a year to see each of them.

I've been a closet fan for a long time, read all the books and seen the movies.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't wait for it either. It is nice that it's in 2 parts, but going to suck to wait a year to see each of them.

I've been a closet fan for a long time, read all the books and seen the movies.

Same thing happend with Lord of the Rings I left the theater always wanting more lol! This will probably be the best of all the movies..... nice battles in this one

Reaction score
I think I share the same passion for Harry Potter ;D I'm definetely looking forward to the last two movies. I don't really bother waiting when you know a new movie is coming, but I wonder how I feel when I leave the theater after having seen the final one... :\

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Just out of curiosity do you guys like the book better or the movie? I kind of like both and I was kind of surprised that the Deathly Hallows was split into two as well. Of course that left me leaving the theater very unsatisfied. T_T"

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just out of curiosity do you guys like the book better or the movie? I kind of like both and I was kind of surprised that the Deathly Hallows was split into two as well. Of course that left me leaving the theater very unsatisfied. T_T"

BOOKS all the way! The movies are fun because they bring the story to life which is always great, but what makes the books great is the detail, but isint that the case in almost every book? I remember reading jurassic park one i couldent put it down.... then the movie was released and i wasent that impressed.... it was great to people who didnt read the book

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
BOOKS all the way! The movies are fun because they bring the story to life which is always great, but what makes the books great is the detail, but isint that the case in almost every book? I remember reading jurassic park one i couldent put it down.... then the movie was released and i wasent that impressed.... it was great to people who didnt read the book

I actually enjoyed the illustrations of the book covers. I liked the movie because it's just cool to see something visually instead of imagining everything like when you are reading. Less work. ^-^" Sometimes you just want to shut your mind off and enjoy stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |
I would agree, books were better. But movies were just as good, kinda like watching it in fast forward. But, it sucks seeing it knowing you are missing out in so many little side stories. Oh well all books are that way...

I'm rereading the Hobbit right now. I've been hearing rumors that they are finally starting to work on the movie.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would agree, books were better. But movies were just as good, kinda like watching it in fast forward. But, it sucks seeing it knowing you are missing out in so many little side stories. Oh well all books are that way...

I'm rereading the Hobbit right now. I've been hearing rumors that they are finally starting to work on the movie.

Yes Im hoping that Peter Jackson Takes over Project

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I wonder if the 3D aspect of it is for the gimmick or if they're actually incorporating a real use for it. I hate to see a decent movie be put on the 3D rack when it has no real business there in the first place. I haven't read the HP books yet, but suppose that I should. I sure hope that in the novels, HP isn't a virgin at this point. All that magic and no nookie ? Color me mad, but that Hogwart's sounds like a drag ! O:)

Doug

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wonder if the 3D aspect of it is for the gimmick or if they're actually incorporating a real use for it. I hate to see a decent movie be put on the 3D rack when it has no real business there in the first place. I haven't read the HP books yet, but suppose that I should. I sure hope that in the novels, HP isn't a virgin at this point. All that magic and no nookie ? Color me mad, but that Hogwart's sounds like a drag ! O:)

Doug

Read the last two books HP becomes a pimp

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.