MacBook Remote

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Duo Core 2 2.16ghz, 2gig Ram, 120 gig HD
Hey all how is everyone,

I have a pretty anoying problem with my Macbook C2C 2.16ghz Leopard 10.5.4 Macbook. A couple of days ago my macbook remote wasnt responding so I tryed to pair it back up in the Security section and after seeing the Pair signal pop up on the screen, it still didnt work through front row... So I went ahead and replaced the battery and re paired it again and still no front row!!!
I know its not the IR port or the remote because it does pair.. and I know its not the battery so is there anyway that maybe the driver is corrupt or if you can reset front row and if warrenty covers the remote??

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
At least you got a remote. I didn't get one with mine.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Duo Core 2 2.16ghz, 2gig Ram, 120 gig HD
^^^^ Well I can imagine that being worse...

I have also tested the remote in my isight camera and the lights work perfectly and I have checked that the IR Sensor has been unlinked from my Parallels Windows. I think this may have something to do with leopard 10.5.4 update...

If anyone has any ideas maybe even how to revert back to a previous update, because I use this remote to watch media on my network!!! :( :(

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature
Can you access Front Row at all? Did you try pressing Cmd+Esc on your keyboard?

If you can still call up Front Row manually, and the remote still doesn't work.. then you can try taking it in to the Apple Store, but I don't think the Apple Remote is covered under anything.. I may be wrong though...

Your location is listed at Australia, so an Apple Remote should cost you about A$30.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.