iOS 6 update 3GS, lost data signal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Late 2011 2.2ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 128GB OCZ-VERTEX4 SSD, 500GB SATA HD
Hi
I just updated to iOS 6 and yes I've backup if Thai can't be sorted.
However, I try to connect to Internet using 3G and it says I have no Internet signal anymore when before I did... Wifi works fine still.
Can anyone help?

Reaction score
No mail or internet using 3G

Hi
I just updated to iOS 6 and yes I've backup if Thai can't be sorted.
However, I try to connect to Internet using 3G and it says I have no Internet signal anymore when before I did... Wifi works fine still.
Can anyone help?

I also cannot get mail or use safari using 3G. Wifi works fine.
Is this a bug??

w45

Reaction score
I have similar issues, I have a 4S and have noticed that since the upgrade the phones Wifi reception is worse. I can no longer get Wifi reception in places of the house I used to and I have noticed that the phones drops 3G reception and is very slow to reconnect, twice I have had to turn 3G on and off to get it to work.

The other problem I have noticed is that the phone does not seem to get picked up by itunes for Wifi synching and I have to manually reconnect the phone to get it to register in itunes.

Reaction score
I am having similar issues with my 3Gs since upgrading. Battery life is less than 50% of what it was before update.
My wireless connectivity is much worse and Wifi is always tuning in and out in my home where it used to work flawlessly before the update.

I also have seen lagging in some apps and it takes forever to reboot. When it finally does it sticks at the lock screen for another 30 seconds before it becomes active. Frustrating to say the least.

I cannot be the only one, others must have issues like this. All I did was update a perfectly working phone and now it is useless as I am out in the field all day, My phone has died every day at around noon since the update, the battery was at least 50% at the end of the day previously.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have had no connection nor syncing issues and my battery life is around 50% better. 3 days using it very little still at 50%. It used to be at 20% by the end of one day.

3GS.

Reaction score
I have had no connection nor syncing issues and my battery life is around 50% better. 3 days using it very little still at 50%. It used to be at 20% by the end of one day.

3GS.

Dang. I wonder what happened to mine??

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I wish I could help but don't know what is going on. I have read many with the same results as me and some that said nothing changed. Not sure what is up but will check around.

Reaction score
I have put in a support request to Apple but thought I would check here to see how it went with others.

Reaction score
After searching Google for similar issues I found that simply RESETING my phone solved the battery issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.