MacBook TV Out aaahh!!!

Reaction score
Hey all!

Bit of a newb so sorry if I come across all silly and such :). For my Christmas, I am getting a Pico Pocket Projector. Unfortunately, it doesn't offer a vga port and the only way to connect anything is through composite. I was thinking of using VGA to Composite and purchased the following:

VGA TO TV RCA S-VIDEO ADAPTER CONVERTER CABLE PC LAPTOP on eBay, also, Video Cables, Cables Connectors, Computing (end time 25-Dec-08 17:27:03 GMT)

However, when I hook it up to my TV (projector is wrapped away some where) it does not respond and the macbook doesn't pick up on it. Do I need the official apple one? I want to browse the web as well as watching movies.

I am operating tiger 10.4.11 and my graphics thingy is Intel GMA 950.

Any solutions welcome :).

Thanks,

Katie

OP
M
Reaction score
Think I may have posted this under the wrong section. Perhaps it should be under peripherals..

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That adapter should be fine. Are you suing S-video or composite?

If you're getting nothing, first thing to look at is to make sure you have turned the TV to the correct input. And if you're not sure, scroll through all the inputs one at a time, leaving it on each for up to 10 seconds at a time. Even if you are sure, I'd do that.

Next try a different input. Most TV's have at least 2 or 3 S-video and/or composite inputs on them.

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm just using the little composite inputs on the front. It's a tube telly, not a fancy lcd one or anything. I tried every input but nothing showed. Should it not detect under displays in display settings on my mac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.