Mac OS X program errors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac G4
For some reason, when I try to click on the toolbar (along the top of the screen) on any of my Apple Programs such as Mail, Preview, Print Center, etc. it doesn't respond. I get the "swirling" rainbow circle for about a minute and then it goes back to the arrow cursor without pulling down the menu. I tried to reinstall everything and it worked but for only an hour. Then went back to same problem. All this starting happening after adding 3 new printers to my network. Any answers? Thank you in advance.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, seoulman28. Hope you like it here.

That spinning pizza might mean that you don't have enough RAM or that something is clogged up in your user account.

Try creating a new user account, log into it and see if you still get the psychedelic pizza.

Let us know how this goes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Try removing the printers to see if it disappears. That would be a good start to figuring out if they are a source of the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.