• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

how do i record and save video, NOT in quicktime

Reaction score
For my American Sign Language class I need to record videos and upload them but they CANNOT be saved in quicktime, they need to be Flash. I have Flash Player but cannot for the life of me figure out how to record a video and save it in a Flash format using iMovie.

Help please!!

Thanks so much,
Angie

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
After you record it with QuickTime you would use iMovie to export your files into a SWF which is readable by flash.

OP
A
Reaction score
From what I can tell of my Quicktime, I'm not able to record movies on it. Recording video is very new to me so if that is an impossible statement I'm sorry :)

If I have a video that I recorded on iMovie can I export it to an SWF (ShockWave Flash?) When I click on Export my options for format are: Quicktime, Email, Bluetooth, iDVD, iPod, iWeb and Garage Band. How do I do SFW instead of those?

Thank you,
Angie

C

chas_m

Let's start over.

Tell us a) what kind of Mac you have, and some of its primary specs like RAM and so on.

b) Tell us what version of Mac OS X you are using. This makes a difference with regards to QuickTime.

c) Flash PLAYER is, as the name implies, not capable of making Flash files, only playing them.

d) I'm confused as to why the files HAVE to be in Flash. Programming Flash is quite complex and not for people who are new to recording video. Can you elaborate on this a bit?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.