imac g5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G4 / 1,42Ghz / 1GB / 100Gb / Superdrive / 10.4.11
does anyone know if the new imac g5 is good for gaming? (the 1.8ghz version.) games like unreal tournament 2004 or command and conquer generals.

M

Mr. MAC

Dude, MAC™s are NOT for gaming. Most games won't even work, and if they do they are going to cost more. If your gonna get a gaming computer get an :alien:"Alienware":alien:

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I have a iMac G5 1.8GHz and play Halo. The iMac handles game play fine, but I still can notice that the iMac can't keep up during some parts of the game intro. Example, a fraction of a second freezes during the game intro every 5 seconds, this was during the setting of the widescreen, you could also play in full screen (meaning the ratio setting like a square), which might not be as demanding on the iMac. But during game play, I didn't notice any slowdown or lag. There is nothing to worry.

Reaction score
Yeah. Gaming is not good for macs. Simply because the selection is mostly for PC. Macs are more for productive work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.