macbook pro trackpad problem

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro 5,4 with mac OS X vers 10.5.8, 2.53 htz processor core 2 duo with 4 gb 1067 htz DDR3 memory.

I've had it for several years. trackpad stopped working after a couple years. Actually the cursor works, its just the click enabler that does not work. have to use a mouse.

Just trying to find out why and if I can fix.

thanks

OP
S
Reaction score
additional info to my question about trackpad

some additional info to my trackpad question:

I have gone into trackpad settings and changed the click and double click options several times and other parameters to no avail.

I have tried to update OS software and driver software to no avail (maybe I didn't get the right version?).

I have done searches and have seen that trackpads do seem to have problems, both hardware and software related.

So, if there is a method to determine mechanical (hardware) vs software, maybe a good step by step procedure is appropriate.

Thanks

C

chas_m

If your trackpad is anything like mine, the click still works -- but only if you click it in JUST the right tiny part. :)

My solution to this was to change left-click to tap and right-click to two-finger tap. Works perfectly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.