Problems with Internet

Reaction score
We have been having some problems connecting and staying connected to the internet ever since we bought our macbook pro.

We thought that the problem was with the router, but we also have other PC's and when we use those PC's we always have a connection with the internet.

If we use the Macbook pro, we can not stay connected with the internet for long. And if we shut down our Mac, the internet connection also goes down.

What could be wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Do you mean when you shut down the MBP - you loose connectivity with your windows machines too?

Staying connected seems to be a fairly common problem with MBPs - but I've not heard of disconnecting knocking out a network. Do you have anything else connected? I know I've seen reports that the iPad can cause an entire network to go down.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes, when I shut down all the other PC's loose connectivity.

I don't have anything else connected, no Iphones or Ipads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
What is the type and brand of your router?

OP
S
Reaction score
At the moment I am not at home, but I think it is a router from AT&T.

I am spending christmas with my family in Europe and here I have exactly the same problem. Different router.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.