can't erase browsing history

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been trying to erase my browsing history on Firefox - with very little luck. I've used both Firefox->Clear Recent History (clearing everything) and Onyx. However, immediately after I supposedly deleted everything there was, I got "you've visited this page 3 times" when looking for an online dictionary I used recently and the same kind of thing for the page from which I downloaded Onyx :-(.

Any ideas how to actually delete everything???

C

chas_m

First thing to learn is that History and Cookies aren't the same thing. I suspect your problem actually deals with cookies, not history.

OP
S
Reaction score
> First thing to learn is that History and Cookies aren't the same thing. I > suspect your problem actually deals with cookies, not history.

I agree but "Clear recent history" in Firefox should delete cookies, cache, browsing and download history, etc. Same goes for Onyx.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
FF - Preferences - Privacy tab

Clearing history does not delete cookies.
Deleting cookies may be done at the above location.

Or use Onyx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
I've just been into Preferences and checked the box that says " Clear history when Firefox closes", then closed it down. When I reopened it all History bookmarks had gone.

The only thing I can suggest is make sure you are quitting Firefox and just not closing it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.