OSX apps will not launch

E

erinrb

Selected applications that came with OSX will not launch, including Safari, Mail and Address Book. Other apps are fine such as iPhoto, as are my Adobe and Macromedia apps. I've tried reinstalling Safari, but that just freezes my machine. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Run repair permissions - finder, applications utilities disk utility select volume, click repair permissions

OP
G

gasman

OS X apps will not launch

I cannot get Safari, Iphoto, Help... to launch. Usually they will begin to launch and then be "not responding". When I tried the Disk Utility that also becomes "Not Responding" when I select a disk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Ok, try booting into single user terminal. Restart holding Apple S. Once there type /sbin/fsck -fy until *file system changed* message stops showing and type exit to restart normal

OP
K

Kodesign

you may want to check this out

erinrb said:
Selected applications that came with OSX will not launch, including Safari, Mail and Address Book. Other apps are fine such as iPhoto, as are my Adobe and Macromedia apps. I've tried reinstalling Safari, but that just freezes my machine. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

There is a glitch in 10.3.5 with the fonts Times and Times New Roman (check out maxfixit, there have nbeen a number of posts, including my original query: http://www.macfixitforums.com/php/s...44096&page=4&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1).

Some users turn off these fonts and all classic fonts and the apps launch. Another suggestion was to open Font book and leave the program open in the dock. Then the mac apps run. Sounds odd, worked for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.