G3 won't start- Bomb Icon

H

hackcomic.com

My g3 blue and white 350 is having a major problem. When it starts up in 9.2.2 the bar goes about 1/4 of the way then the cursor icon spins and spins and after a minute or so- the spinning icon turns into a bomb icon.

I tried to start the computer from my Norton disc and it does pretty much the same thing- loads 1/4 of the startup and then nothing but spinning icon.

I tried Pram reset but to no avail.

I also took out the extra RAM I put in years ago- but that didn't help either.

Does anyone have any ideas?

OP
P

pocci

bomb on b&w startup with os 9

hackcomic.com said:
My g3 blue and white 350 is having a major problem. When it starts up in 9.2.2 the bar goes about 1/4 of the way then the cursor icon spins and spins and after a minute or so- the spinning icon turns into a bomb icon.

I tried to start the computer from my Norton disc and it does pretty much the same thing- loads 1/4 of the startup and then nothing but spinning icon.

I tried Pram reset but to no avail.

I also took out the extra RAM I put in years ago- but that didn't help either.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Hello I have the same problem with my G3 B&W, the G3 acts strange, if I change the ram it works for a little time, then again the same problem.
Have you found the solution of this problem? Maybe a firmare update?
I haven't found any answer in internet or on apple site.
Thankyou very much :)
Francesco Mazzotta
Italy
([email protected])

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.