HOw to score OS CDs for my IMAC

Reaction score
If you're the original owner, can you get original restore CDs or OS X.x cds for free or fraction (shipping & handling)?

newbie from windoze side..

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Call Apple via their 800 number. They will ask you for the exact model info (maybe serial number as well)...so have that info handy. I've heard of folks being able to get original CDs/DVD's that shipped with their computer for somewhere around $20 bucks.

- Nick

Reaction score
If you're the original owner, can you get original restore CDs or OS X.x cds for free or fraction (shipping & handling)?

newbie from windoze side..
If your Mac cam with OS X Lion (10.7) preinstalled, then you won't get CDs/DVDs with the unit, as the Machine will have a recovery partition on the hard drive, from which you can install the OS if necessary.

I hope this info helps. :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Helps enormously if you provide computer and operating system details. Not much point advising how to make Lion USB thumb drive which is bootable if you are using Leopard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.