Having trouble intsalling snow leopard on macbook

Reaction score
Hi im trying to upgrade my macbook w/ tiger 10.4.11 to snow leopard 10.6.3. Every time i put in the retail $29 install dvd (white) i can hear the dvd load n start like its goin to install then after a min. or so it jst stops and ejects. I never see anything on the screen jst the sound of the dvd loading. I have all the system requirements and have read numerous feed of ppl doin this exact upgrade w/ no problems. I tried the disc on a friends imac and it installed fine so i kno the disc wrks. I have used dvds in this dvd rom and it works fine. Any suggestions? I would deeply appreciate it. Here are my specs

mac os x version 10.4.11
2.16 GHz intel core 2 duo
memory 1gb

ps. originally i read igb of memory is required im now reading some say 2gb of memory is needed. Which is correct n if it is 2gb could this b my problem?

Thanx!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hi im trying to upgrade my macbook w/ tiger 10.4.11 to snow leopard 10.6.3. Every time i put in the retail $29 install dvd (white) i can hear the dvd load n start like its goin to install then after a min. or so it jst stops and ejects. I never see anything on the screen jst the sound of the dvd loading. I have all the system requirements and have read numerous feed of ppl doin this exact upgrade w/ no problems. I tried the disc on a friends imac and it installed fine so i kno the disc wrks. I have used dvds in this dvd rom and it works fine. Any suggestions? I would deeply appreciate it. Here are my specs

mac os x version 10.4.11
2.16 GHz intel core 2 duo
memory 1gb

ps. originally i read igb of memory is required im now reading some say 2gb of memory is needed. Which is correct n if it is 2gb could this b my problem?

Thanx!

Sounds like problem with your SuperDrive (may try giving it a shot of canned air) or possibly the OS disk dirty or damaged.

OP
I
Reaction score
tried the compressed air and the disc is brand new no scratches. Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Back to Razormac.s suggestion of a dodgy optical drive. Slot loaders do seem to have a very high failure rate. The install disc is a DL disc and whilst a DVD may work, the DL may not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Take it to a Genius Bar and have the drive tested.

C

chas_m

OR, if that's not easily done, buy a $20 USB2 external drive case that can fit a burner, buy a $25 DVD burner, put it in the case, plug the thing into your Mac and run the install disk from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.