Problem Syncing iPad and iCal - Wired

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
When syncing my brand new iPad with iCal (using itunes, not mobile me) my entries appear to show up on the iPad serveral hours out from when they should be, some even on the wrong day. I have done some searching and it appears that others have had the problem, but I haven't found any real fixes. I have tried resetting my iSync history but that didn't help. I used the 'Replace information on iPad' function within itunes but it didn't help either. I tried deleting (after backing up) my iCal calendars, and re-synced, and indeed it deleted everything from the iPad too, but when I reinstalled the calendars in iCal and re-synced they still showed up wrong on the iPad. I'm really enjoying the iPad in general, but I'm at a loss with this problem, and the calendar app is pretty important to me. Any ideas?

OP
orbit79
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
For anyone else having this problem, it turns out that setting the time zone for the clock does not set the time for the calendar (which was in default, not in Australia, mode). Setting the time zone under:

Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Time Zone Support->Time Zone

is the way to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.