Dell color laser printer support on Mac?

Reaction score
Im a genius, but Im also an idiot. I purchased a brand new dell 2130cn color laser printer for the home office. I got a killer deal on it brand new that I couldnt pass up. Problem is that ...well it doesnt fully work with my macs (new imac and new macbook pro) I can use the generic PCL laser printer driver and it prints anything in black and white just fine, problem is that I want to use it for color printing lol. I have tried about 40 different drivers that are in Snow leopard, and only the generic one prints correctly, all the rest print gibberish.

I have read that there are "comparable" lexmark drivers, so I tried a bunch of those to no avail, and even found some Dell drivers for Mac for their color laser, but still nothing but gibberish.

Can anyone help me out here? I don't want to send it back. I am hoping that there is a generic DELL color laserjet driver that might work, I mean its a mac, I typically dont have to worry about drivers!

sorry if this isnt in the correct section!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Haven't heard of Dell printers working with Macs. I'm surprised it'd even print in B&W.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would send the printer back. A Dell color laser printer will cost you a fortune for the replaceable toner cartridges in addition to the driver problem. (that is if you can get it to print in color)

Other than loading Windows on your Mac (Boot Camp or VM software) you probably aren't going to find a work around to print in color.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.