I'm having a bear of a time buying an iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
I originally pre ordered a 64gb 3G iPad from Apple but canceled it thinking I could get one from MacMall without paying tax. Good idea, huh? Yes, except for the fact that Apple keeps bumping up their ship date to MacMall, first from 4/30, then 5/11 and then 5/20 as of today. So, I tried another place - Vanns in Montana. They had one in their store system but needed to transfer it to their .com location - 1 to 3 days to do that. That was on 5/5. It hadn't transferred as of today (?). Canceled MacMall, and Vanns and ordered from Apple. I think Apple is servicing their own customers first. I should get one between 5/18 and 5/22. Well, as I've said before, I've been 59 years without an iPad, so what's another 8 to 12 days. My next birthday's not until January. I know I'll absolutely have it by then. :)

Reaction score
buying iPad

I've waited too.

Will be getting a 3g iPad once my wife calms down (she works for Adobe and blew-up when I mentioned I would buy an iPad).

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gee, that's a little complicated for you Erwin. Hope it works out for you soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I don't know if all that wait would have been worth the tax savings for me…I'm not THAT patient! Good luck with your purchase though…hope you get it as soon as possible!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's all been a bit taxing so far. :)

Thanks for your encouragement.

Reaction score
I've been waiting a week for a 32GB 3G model from my local Apple store. Luckily I already have a WiFi version. But I wanted the 3G to take on vacation so I didn't have to pay for airport Wifi and could use it on the beach.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.