My Macbook is having problems turning on

Reaction score
My white Macbook from 2008, is having problems turning on.

If i'm turning it on after it's been off for a couple hours or more, the macbook will "power up" but the screen will stay blank.

I then need to use the power button to force a shutdown.

I need to turn it on another time, where it will go to the gray apple logo screen, and then the screen will turn off again.

After I turn it on a third time, my macbook usually turns on completely.

I feel that the problem is getting worse, because when the problem first started, I only needed to shut it down once before turning it back on.

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

THanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
I'm having a similar problem with my 08 MBP. Blank screen at startup, no chime, and nothing works. Caps Lock won't even come on. Took it to Apple, and their tech (this guy has a bad reputation with almost all of my apple friends) said that he couldn't really tell if it was a graphics problem or a logic board failure, but he denied service from my AppleCare plan because of a ding in the lower case. "That looks like a pretty significant impact, and that voids your applecare for repairs like this." the ding was there when i got the computer from the applestore brand new, and now every other peon in that store just tags along on what he says. Now they're quoting me an $800 repairbill for a problem they can't identify but won't cover because of a ding that they can't prove I did, I can't prove I didn't do, and they won't prove has ANY kind of connection to the problem I'm having. GRRR!!!!
Best of luck to you if you get any help!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.