Virtual Box

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
I have posted this in the VB forum, but unlike with this one, people don't seem inclined to respond!

Subject: Internet connection;flash drive;LAN

I have an iMac with Snow Leopard. When I installed Windows XP after installing Virtual Box I decided, when asked, not to opt for an internet connection so as to avoid having to install anti-virus etc. I can't see flash drive plugged into the iMac from the 'Windows' window nor can I see any of the devices on my LAN. I have installed the VirtualBox extension thinking that might solve the problem but either it isn't working or I need to do something else. Can anyone help please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You need to access the settings of the VM before starting Windows. There you can enable the network adapter.

The USB device is different. You need to connect it to your Mac, go to DiskUtility and unmount it, not eject it.

Now when you start the VM it'll be selectable as a USB device from the VirtualBox menu

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.