Word 2004 Corrupt Fonts

Reaction score
I have recently installed Office 2004 on a Mac running OSX 10.4.3 and I am experiencing a few problems when trying to run Word. Each time i open Word I get the following error message: "The font _____ is corrupt and should be removed" This error is displayed for all the fonts and I have to select ok time and time again (until I get sick and do a force quit!).

I have had a look on the Microsoft Site and followed their recomended solutions to try and solve the problem - moving fonts to new folders, removing duplicates etc. I have even tried completely uninstalling Office and then do a complete fresh re-install but this does not solve the problem.

I am fairly new to Mac's so i'm not sure what else to try so hopefully someone will have some ideas.

Thanks in advance
gselliott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Try opening Font book and see if disabling the corrupted fonts there helps...

OP
G
Reaction score
Is there anyway of seeing exactly which fonts are corrupt as it is telling me that numerous ones are!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.