Writing Code

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Mac OS X 10.6.3
Okay, so I am completely new to Mac's i have never used one before I got my macbook pro. In short i need help in figuring out how to write code for a mac and other general very basic programming skills, also I would like to keep any software expenses low; because i'm a student that also means i'm flat broke 24/7 so by cheap i mean free. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Mac OS X 10.6.3
Ideally i would like to learn as many as possible but to start which ever is considered to be the easiest. Like i said i am new to this stuff. also in order to download the free xcode software stuff it says i have to register with apple as a developer; however they require a company/organization. Should i make one up or what?

Reaction score
If you are looking to formally learn a language and want to learn good coding practices JAVA is a great place to start as there are a ton of resources out there. It is an object oriented programming language which can help you start to understand the process of it all.

People will argue with me but most colleges use it and I recommend it.

JAVA Ranch is also a great resource for learning.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.