Problem with Transfer Between Macs

Reaction score
I am trying to clone the contents of the hard drive of my iMac G4 to my new my new MBP. Both are running OS 10.4.10. I connected both computers with a Firewire cable & used Migration Manager. All apps seemed to tranfser fine, BUT...the file data is missing. In other words, iPhoto has no pics, Address Book has no addresses, no songs in iTunes, etc.
Can anyone help??? Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
I've read that problems using migration assistant from PPC to Intel aren't uncommon. I think one issue is that you need to be sure you have the UB version of all your applications. I've read of some other problems but I can't think of them now. While I'm certainly no expert, it might be worth your time to transfer some of that data manually. You can easily export your iPhoto and Address Book data to an external drive and then import them on your MBP.

Good luck!

OP
K
Reaction score
I've read that problems using migration assistant from PPC to Intel aren't uncommon. I think one issue is that you need to be sure you have the UB version of all your applications. I've read of some other problems but I can't think of them now. While I'm certainly no expert, it might be worth your time to transfer some of that data manually. You can easily export your iPhoto and Address Book data to an external drive and then import them on your MBP.

Good luck!

Thank you. That will be Plan B if a manual firewire transfer between computers is unsuccessful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.