if I put my iPhone to silent mode at nite, will my alarm still sound?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac?
Hi all,

New to iPhone, have been eyeing on the iPhone 3GS for quite a while.

Have a few question in mind would like to resolve before I jump in. :p

Can I check with you guys, if I put my iPhone to silent mode (sound/vibration off) at nite, will my alarm still sound off in the morning? If not, is there any work around on this? Or is there any apps that i can install to have this feature?

Reaction score
If you put your iPhone on vibrate your alarm will not sound, I found this out one day. As for if there is an app not sure. There was a clock one i had with my 2g but I never really looked deep into its features and then when I got my 3G I just figured i didnt need it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
LogicBox, that's not correct. If you have the phone's silent slider switched to silent and you have an alarm turned on, it WILL go off despite the phone being in silent mode. I just tested it and that's exactly what it did.

Reaction score
I just tested it also on my 3GS and yes the Alarm will still go off and make noise if it is set to silent/vibrate.

OP
X
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac?
Hey guys,

Thanks for the info. Coz my frd told me that his set doesn't sound off. So I'm kinda worry on this issue.

If this is the case, i got to ask my frd to test his set again. :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Even with vibrate feature turned off, and slider switched to silent, the alarm will go off.

OP
X
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac?
Hey guys, thanks for all the confirmation. Yes is working... My frd had confirm that his set is working and he claims that is user's problem. :p Coz he is also new to iphone. hee hee

Btw, what do you guys mean when you say the silent slider? Where can we find this slider?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The little button on the side just above the volume control - moves side to side - to mute or unmute the speaker.

Good for going in a movie theater, etc. and leaving phone on vibrate when you're expecting an important call.

If you take that call while in the theater though, I hope someone bops you over the head. :Smirk:

OP
X
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac?
lol... ok ok... Tks for the info. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.