Couple of Bluetooth Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (2009) 2.26GHz, 160GB, 2GB
My first question is regarding bluetooth headphones, Motorola S9 in particular. One of the main uses I intend for them is to listen to music outside in the winter (walking to class and snowboarding), meaning the iPod would be in a rather thick jacket (probably inside pocket), and the receiver would be under a hood and/or inside a collar. Would this kind of obstruction cause any infidelity in the wireless connection?

My second question is related: I have an iPod Video (w/o bluetooth) and iPod Touch (w/bluetooth). I would ideally like to be able to use bluetooth headphones with both iPods. In theory, I feel like I could buy a cheap USB female to female adapter, plug in the charger cable to the video, connect that at one end of the adapter and a bluetooth dongle at the other end to enable my iPod Video with bluetooth. Is this reasonable or would it not work?

Thanks.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (2009) 2.26GHz, 160GB, 2GB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in Unibody Macbook Pro Rev. F (2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM)
Bluetooth is pretty resilient so hiding the iPod in your coat and the receiver in your hood.

As for attaching a bluetooth dongle to your iPod via USB, I doubt very much if that would work. The OS in the iPod doesn't contain any hardware drivers, nor are any available that you could install.

You can get a bluetooth transmitter, they sometimes come with bluetooth headphones. It plugs in to the 3.5mm jack on your iPod and transmits the sound via bluetooth.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.