duplicate photo files?

Reaction score
Hello all, I am not very knowledgeable about computers in general, let alone Macs but I love them :)

I have a macbook and about 6 months ago I got a message on my iPhoto saying there was a corrupted file or something of the sorts, so I went through and had to create a new library. When I searched my comp for pics, they were still there but when I put them into iPhoto it reduced the space I have on my computer. I assume it duplicated the files but I am not sure? How can I fix this to only have one version of the pictures in iPhoto? If the photos aren't in iPhoto where are they? In my 'pictures' folder there is only two options (iPhoto library <--which is corrupted? and iPhoto Library 2 which only contains my pics after I had "lost" the previous pics) then there is a folder for iChat icons, PhotoBooth, and iPod Photo cache.

Also, I accidently deleted Preview a while back, tried to reload it with the installation disc, and though it is present in my Applications, it will not run?

Thanks for alllllll the help!

I am confused!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.