Seemingly dead nano

Reaction score
My nano has been doing some weird stuff lately. When I plug it in the computer it will charge and snyc. Every time I unplug it, it just dies. I have this dark grey screen with the apple icon and that's it! Today out of nowhere it worked again and I was able to listen to music. When I got home I plugged it in. It downloaded a new itunes version, synced, and began charging. Now when I unplug it. Dead again! I re-installed all the music a few weeks ago when this all started and that didn't make a difference.

Can anyone offer some help? I'm going on vacation tomorrow and it would be nice if my ipod worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I'd like to say it's the battery, but then if it randomly worked today then surely it can't be? Dying when you unplug it sounds like a dead battery though. Take it to visit apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Sounds like you have a bad/loose connection in the ipod. Take it into Apple as Punk has suggested

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.