Problem creating sharepoint for samba programmatically

Reaction score
I have a cocoa app which creates sharepoints using the directory service API. Mounting these sharepoints with afp works ok but mounting with smb doesn't. It results in an error message saying that this folder or directory cannot be found.

When i create the same sharepoint manually in finder (activating checkbox 'shared' in 'get info' window) mounting of this sharepoint works ok.

In both cases the entries in directory service are the same but finder additionally creates a configuration file in /var/samba/shares. It seems that finder does a complete rewrite of all sharepoint entries in directory service to the /var/samba/shares configuration files. Also previously created sharepoints from my app, appear in this /var/samba/shares folder now and work ok for samba now.

Restarting relative services does not solve the problem, even restarting the computer does not help.

Does anybody know, which process or function is responsible for the creation of this samba config files and how can i do this in an application.

Thank's for any help.

Reaction score
response

I have been able to mount sharepoint shares via go-connect to server-http://sharepointserver/sharepointname/ but only as read only access. I would love to find out how to mount a sharepoint share as readwrite.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.