Help! An important folder has "disappeared"

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have an iMac running Snow Leopard. I have (had) a folder which contains pictures, Ai files, Flash files, etc.. It has disappeared. I have some of it backed up, but what isn't would be very important to recover if possible. If I search for the file it shows up, but can't be opened. The message:

The alias “everything click-stand” can’t be opened because the original item can’t be found.

pops up. I can search for and see every photo, but can't open them for the same reason. Is there anything I can do? If there is hope I can also pack it to an Apple store. I was working with Picasa before this happened if that helps.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
edit: Take it back if you have aliases for all them and that's all you're seeing.

Look in the trash..

Open up Picasa - are they there?

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks, but when I click on "get info" in the General section there is no "where". When I find one of the pictures I can click on "Quick Look" and see the picture, and from there I can add it to iPhoto. It seems like the originals are somewhere.

Tom

OP
T
Reaction score
Aha!!!!! Thank you I think I found it. It was in the trash. Why didn't it show up as being in the trash when I used"find"?

Thanks so much, I have learned my lesson. Back up, back up, back up.
Tom

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You can use the Put Back function from the Trash to put them back where they came from.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.