DVD burning help

Reaction score
I have been using my Mac for a little over a month now, and I like it alot, but I am having one problem. I have a website that is over 3 GBs in Size (but under 8 GBs) and I want to burn all video files (Quicktime and Flash) and Javascript files and CSS files and HTML files and image files to DVD, for back up purposes. I make a burn folder with what I want to burn, but when I insert a DVD+R DL into my Mac's DVD drive and tell it to burn, it keeps bringing up a message about the disc not being empty (even though I took the DVD disc from the package that I purchased from Best Buy). Because I had no trouble burning double layer DVD discs with iDVD (when I burned videos that I made with iMovie or other videos), is it possible to make my Mac burn this content to Double Layer discs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0, 1gb ram,80 gig hdd, Powermac G5, 80 Gig HDD, 1/5 gbs of ram. dvd writer
it can be the brand

OP
gotenks05
Reaction score
DVD Brand

The brand is FujiFilm, but like I said iDVD would burn to it alright. if it were the brand, then I do not think even iDVD would burn it. That is my assumption though because my slot can read and burn double layer discs.

OP
gotenks05
Reaction score
Never mind, I just found out my problem, I kept telling my Mac to ignore the inserted DVD+R DL, instead of telling it to open in the finder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.