Remotely accessing IMac from Macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 21.5'' 3.06ghz, Mac Pro 2.66ghzx4, Powermac G4 1.25ghz, IMac 17'' 1.8ghz
I have a 21.5'' IMac with 3.06ghz Core 2 Duo. Its sick awesome! Next year, I might be taking a course at a charter school of sorts that gives me a laptop for school work. I am assuming I will not be allowed to install any of my own software, so I would need to access some files and applications at school from my IMac at home. Is there any application like remote desktop for PC where I can take over my Imac desktop to use it? Any free?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Check out LogMeIn.com... they have a very nice service for remotely accessing a computer through your web browser. No additional software required on the laptop, and only a small client installed on your iMac. Possible the firewall at school might block it, but it's worth a shot, and it's free.

Reaction score
I would like to be able to access my iMac from my Macbook while I travel as well. I checked out LogMeIn, and it is a little more than I would like to spend. Any others have any ideas? cheap or free?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.