Multiple undo in Photoshop CS3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
In Photoshop 7, I had it set up (somehow) so that each time I pressed Command + Z it would undo the last step. Press it twice and it would redo 2 steps and keep going back in the history until its limit was reached or it had nothing left to undo. Command + Y was redo. Now with my new CS3 installation, Command + Z simply toggles back and forth between undo and redo. I recall having this problem in PS7 and I don't remember what I did to remedy it. I don't see anything in the preferences about this. I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere. Please help me... unless you'd rather not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
Apple(command)+Alt(option)+Z will undo multiple times as it cycles you back through the history one step at a time.

HTH

Reaction score
Just open the history tool bar under window. it will show you every change you have made.

OP
Joe Redifer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
I figured it out. PS7 has a preference to assign a "REDO" key. This made it so Command + Z would undo again and again. PS10 lacks this preference for some unknown reason. So I guess I am stuck pressing 3 keys simultaneously. I liked the Command + Z because I could go back 2 or 3 steps really fast vs moving my mouse all the way to the History window. Plus with the way I had PS7 set up, it would multiple-undo in the same fashion as most other programs on the planet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.