Saving an internet page

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.
How can I save (rather then print) an internet page I am viewing so I can attach it to an email later There would be multiple attachments unless I can save all pages to one document or file, then attach that to my email.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I usually just hit share under File then mail right then but you could also hit save as under File and when it pops up to ask where put it on your desktop so its easy to find.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Some browsers allow you to save a web archive (one file) but only a few support it. Otherwise, saving a web page will save the HTML file along with any other content (images mostly). In those cases, you'll need to compress it. However, if you're emailing pages, why not just send a link?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.
OSSX - The SAVE under FILE is shaded so I cannot use the save function. I'll try the SHARE option but that may also be shaded.

vansmith - I'm using Safari Not sure what "sending a link" is. Not sure how to compress it, which brings up another thread. How do I compress a picture imported from my camera to send it as an attachment in an email?

C

chas_m

"Sending a link" means "copy the URL from the address bar and paste it into your email. The recipient will see it as a live link."

Under the File menu in Safari (recent versions), there is a "Share" command of which the very first option is "email this page" which does exactly that using your default email client.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
When you click on Share and your Mail send page pops up after you click on email this page you will see at the far right of the column under your choosen send address Send Web
Content As your choices:
Reader
Web Page
Link Only
PDF

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.