Epson R2400 Printing/Drivers - CS3

N

nick1956

Hi
Despite extensive searching I cannot see any solutions to a problem I have.
I have a mac running OS X 10.7.5, and an Epson R2400 and Photoshop CS3.

For some time I have experienced a problem when printing to Hahnemuhle Fine Art Paper in as much as the papers listed in Print settings/media type are only epson papers despite having installed the ICC profile for the Hahnemuhle paper (and selecting it when printing). I got around this by finding the driver version 6.57 for the R2400 and it all worked as expected. (Replacing the later version 9.0)

However I now wish to use Hahnemuhle “German Etching” and am encountering the same problem.
I have found the following Epson Premium ICC Profiles for Epson Stylus Photo R2400 - Epson America, Inc.
which I downloaded but will not install as Power PC applications are no longer supported – I do not know if this would help anyway – I tried it on my Macbook Pro running OS X 10.6.8 which did install but still not display the paper types required.

I have also tried downloading a trial of CS6 to see if this helps and it did not, regardless of R2400 driver version (9.00 or 6.57)

I am now perplexed as what to do next or what the problem might be – I believe I have followed the notes/instructions in the R2400 guide correctly.

The only thing I have not done is tried the Matt Black cartridge in the printer (required for the German Etching paper) as I have yet to get one – could this be the problem? Does the printer really know what ink cartridge is in there? And in any event why doesn't driver version 10 work as 6.57 does with the fine art paper?

The following show the driver screen when attempting to select the media type which I think illustrates my problem.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16181162/Screen Shot 2013-03-14 at 15.34.15.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.