Uptime

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM20" iMac: 2.16 gHZ; 1GB RAM; 250 Gigz
When I switched to Mac, seven months ago (!), one ting that really amazed me was how infrequently I had to restart my PB. Coming from the PC world, where a forced restart is practically a daily occurrence, this was very exciting. When I realized that you could get a precise reading of just how long you've gone without a restart-- via the "uptime" command-- I was thrilled. (This is a great way to astound your PC friends and make them jealous of MAC-- try it!)
That being said, I'd like to try and get ppl to post their "uptimes": either current or all-time best. Why? No specific reason, other than to marvel at the stability of OSX.
Mine: (current) 6 days, 22 mins.

Please feel free to join in!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
My best was I think 23 days but I had to restart after a system update. Right now I am only on 8 hrs 41 minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I think my longest is a few weeks, Im currently at about 4 days and 10 hours, give or take an hour.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
My best is just short of 64 days, update restart limited :alien:

L

Lasha

Does the "uptime" include when you put your Mac to sleep? Meaning, does the uptime counter get reset when you put and resume your Mac from sleep mode?

OP
PBG4MAN
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM20" iMac: 2.16 gHZ; 1GB RAM; 250 Gigz
Lasha said:
Does the "uptime" include when you put your Mac to sleep? Meaning, does the uptime counter get reset when you put and resume your Mac from sleep mode?
No, it does not. It counts the time from power up to power down. YOu have to actually do a SHUT DOWN or RESTART for the counter to restart.

Reaction score
PBG4MAN said:
When I switched to Mac, seven months ago (!), one ting that really amazed me was how infrequently I had to restart my PB. Coming from the PC world, where a forced restart is practically a daily occurrence, this was very exciting. When I realized that you could get a precise reading of just how long you've gone without a restart-- via the "uptime" command-- I was thrilled. (This is a great way to astound your PC friends and make them jealous of MAC-- try it!)
That being said, I'd like to try and get ppl to post their "uptimes": either current or all-time best. Why? No specific reason, other than to marvel at the stability of OSX.
Mine: (current) 6 days, 22 mins.

Please feel free to join in!
yes yes pc's suck. Omg my i never shutted my powerbook for over a month but last night I had too becuase i had to update. Its not the powerbook g4 wich is outdated it's simply the operating system becuase its state of the art!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.