Notes app no longer syncing with macbook pro

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a new iPhone 4s, only to find out that my Notes application no longer syncs my notes with my macbook's notes (iOS6).

Does anybody know of a way to solve this problem?

My old setup was a macbook pro + iPhone 3GS

I'm now using the same macbook pro + iPhone 4s.

Any thoughts are much appreciated

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you've upgraded to iOS 6, know that that version of iOS hasn't been released yet, so you're dealing with beta software and unless you are a developer working on an app, iOS 6 is not meant general public use.

Revert back to iOS 5 and confirm that you don't have this issue and we can help you further..

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. No I'm not staff and I don't have any privileges, sorry if I made a mistake; when I click the apple symbol in the top left of my macbook, it says:

OS X Version 10.8
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
(Mid 2010)

My iPhone 4s software is up to date, as is my macbook's software, and I just can't get my notes to sync.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm, you mentioned iOS6 in your original port, but I take it that you actually meant Mountain Lion (10.8) for your Mac and your iPhone 4S is running the latest software, so iOS 5.x there..

Sorry for the confusion.

Is your iPhone 4S properly connected to iCloud and are other things (contacts, calendars, applications) sync'ing and only the notes aren't or is nothing syncing?

OP
M
Reaction score
Hmm, you mentioned iOS6 in your original port, but I take it that you actually meant Mountain Lion (10.8) for your Mac and your iPhone 4S is running the latest software, so iOS 5.x there..

Sorry for the confusion.

Is your iPhone 4S properly connected to iCloud and are other things (contacts, calendars, applications) sync'ing and only the notes aren't or is nothing syncing?

How would I check if it is properly connected to iCloud? Yes everything else is syncing. If i try to swipe on sync Notes (on my iPhone 4s) it asks me to create a @me account. I never had to do this for my previous phone to get notes to sync then?

Is there a setting on my laptop to sync notes (it's on on system preferences)

OP
M
Reaction score
Note, when I try to turn on Notes syncing to iCloud on my macbook it allows me to, but when I next go to the setting, Notes is swiped off (on my macbook).

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm sorry, I'm a novice when it comes to iCloud, haven't looked at it close enough to see how it all works, so I'll let other members who are more familiar to jump in and provide some assistance..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.