iCal and public holidays in the UK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD
Hi there. Is there anything I can use to add in public holidays in the UK (i.e. bank holidays and Easter Sunday) into my iCal calendar?

Is there also an addon or something out there that will take in all my contacts from my address book and add their birthday into my iCal so I don't forget their special days?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Hi there. Is there anything I can use to add in public holidays in the UK (i.e. bank holidays and Easter Sunday) into my iCal calendar?

Not sure about this one...I know there is an automater action or applescript that does this for the US holidays, so you may want to check Google for the same.

Is there also an addon or something out there that will take in all my contacts from my address book and add their birthday into my iCal so I don't forget their special days?

This one is easy. Go into iCal preferences, and check the box that says "Show Birthdays Calandar." Voila!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the birthdays tip.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow there are some cool calendars there.

I like the sports ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Wow, I love it! I had no idea they had those sports subscription calendars there. Now I'll know when my Rockies and Avs are playing. =D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
Just click on the UK Holidays link in the link Banana gave you. I have this and it works great.

The next big event coming up is Halloween. No more bank holidays for a while yet! :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.