Which used laptop should i buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz
Hi all,
Within the next 2-4 months i am probably going to be trading in my iMac G4 and my iBook G3 for a new(ish) apple laptop. now, going apple, in a logical sense, is stupid, because they cost so much money, even used, and for the price of a used out-of-warranty apple i could get a really nice (save for Vista) PC. BUT i do like OS X AND the hardware is known for lasting a looong time so, i probably want to stay with apple, but i have a couple of questions;
If i do decide to stay with apple and get an iBook or Powerbook ( i like the latter better), then which one should i get? I want to have a speed improvement over my 1.25 GHZ iMac, so 1.5, or at least 1.4 is a must. should i go for the late model iBook G4's or the Powerbook 12"? I like the powerbook because of the aluminum casing (which probably looks good longer than the plastic), and it's plethora of connections. I want to go 12" because of the huge price difference, and i have seen several recommendations on the internet to get a 12" powerbook, and then buy a non-apple LCD display (since i am used to 17" from my iMac) that i will then connect to it. or.... should i just pony up the money for a 15" screen? Thanks for any suggestions.

Justin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Go for the 12" PowerBook. I'm typing this on one of the 1.33 Ghz versions, and it is still to this day my favorite computer. Small, relatively fast (even now) and highly portable. I would recommend it. Mine also works great with an external screen, although I use it exclusively as a portable system these days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
If you can live with the 12" screen, you could get a 12" powerbook. However my suggestion will always be my personal favourite, the 15" 1.67 GHz Powerbook G4. But honestly it all depends how much money you're planning on spending.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz MacBook Pro SR
Depending on how much money you want to spend you can get an older Core Duo MacBook for pretty cheap.

OP
justin_clark93
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz
yes, i was thinking that...

Depending on how much money you want to spend you can get an older Core Duo MacBook for pretty cheap.

ya, i was thinking that, i found a few on the web. but idk, i only want to spend about 800 dollars. thanks

Reaction score
Hey guys i need help.

Hey im new here and i didnt know how to post up a thread or such so i went in to a thread that is closer to the subject.
I was just wondering if im tight on money which is better an ibook with 120gb 1.2 gb ram or a refurbished macbook oh and i am using a pc right now and wanted to moved to a mac so just wondering is the ibook worth spending that much please reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini, 20" Cinema, wireless keyboard and mouse.
Hey im new here and i didnt know how to post up a thread or such so i went in to a thread that is closer to the subject.
I was just wondering if im tight on money which is better an ibook with 120gb 1.2 gb ram or a refurbished macbook oh and i am using a pc right now and wanted to moved to a mac so just wondering is the ibook worth spending that much please reply.

Click here to make a new thread:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=13

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.