stupid *** firefox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I had firefox finally working correctly, and all of a sudden, I quit it after installing an extension, and when I reopened it, it asked me to use another user profile cause the default was in use, I created a new one, now all my settings, extensions, and bookmarks are gone, like firefox reset itself. I looked in the help files and theres no mention of usder profiles anywhere, whats going on?

OP
Macman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
ok, I solved my own problem, justr deleted the new profile.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
That happens from time to time, I can't explain why that comes about myself. This also happens on Windows, but when it did happen on windows, when I shut off the computer and came back later I got all my old settings back. Not sure, if that method is correct on a mac. You should try just quitting out of Firefox and open it again. No guarantee, though.

Edit: Oh, nevermind then.

M

meltbanana314

That happened far too often when I used it on Windows and Linux, so that's why I prefer Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I prefer Camino and Shiira personally. However, I've discovered that neither Gecko nor Webkit can properly render some sites I go to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.