HELP! OSX Mavericks problems

Reaction score
Today i finally updated my mac to OSX Mavericks. Upon installation i attempted to try the new Messages Application, the icon bouced a few times in my toolbar then disappeared. I've tried restarting and logging in as a different account.
Im a beginner when it comes to Macs so please help with simply language.
Thanks! :Oops:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Messages application will bounce a few times in the Dock (bottom menu bar) and then there will be a hesitation of a short time until the iCloud setup appears. It will ask you for your Apple ID and password. If you do not have an Apple ID, you can apply for one right from the application.

OP
A
Reaction score
Re:

Thanks for the reply, was this the same iCloud setup that i had to do when my laptop first restarted after Mavericks installation. I entered my Apple ID already at this point, is there more to do?:Oops:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for the reply, was this the same iCloud setup that i had to do when my laptop first restarted after Mavericks installation. I entered my Apple ID already at this point, is there more to do?:Oops:

If you've already entered your Apple ID into the iCloud setup, then there's no reason to enter it again. When the messages dialog opens, it should already show your Apple ID and ask for your password. After that, you can send messages from your Mac to an iPhone, iPad, another Mac, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.