MacBook Screen...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Comparitively speaking, how much bigger is the MacBook screen than the 12" iBook? I know that it is widescreen format, and the resolution is higher, yet is the screen physically bigger?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3
Greenredfield said:
Comparitively speaking, how much bigger is the MacBook screen than the 12" iBook? I know that it is widescreen format, and the resolution is higher, yet is the screen physically bigger?

Its wider horizontally but less vertically, in other words more widescreen.
It didn't take long to realise this is a MUCH more user friendly shape.

It is much brighter and this more than takes care of the fact that it is not a matt finish.

Excellent.
Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, the screen is much nicer overall, brighter and the extra screen space is definitely welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D 2GB, 24" imac 4GB
I brought my macbook, and the first thing that struck me is he screen. I had been using it for about a month, and then I went to PC world (UK shops) and they still had old stock of ibooks in. For me, when I looked at the ibook, it looked like I had a thin layer of cotton wool over my eyes. The difference really is night and day. The colours are alot brighter on the macbook and they are alot more vivid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Greenredfield said:
If you are referring to mere surface area, then no it really isn't. Still, surface area means very little when it comes to monitors and LCD screens. What matters is the resolution. As you pointed out, the MacBook has much better resolution than the iBook's mediocre 1024 X 768 maximum. That alone makes the MacBook a much nicer screen in my opinion.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB
The MacBook's screen is one of the most beautiful and brightest portable screens I've seen. The gloss is not overkill like some Compaqs, and I regularly turn down the brightness to half the default and it's still pretty bright.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.